Built in 1908, one Virginia family erected this stone chapel in honor of their son who passed away too soon.
A congregation started meeting here in the 1840s and by the 1920s, had built this church which stands empty today.
Built in 1876, this chapel in Western North Carolina was the first church made of handmade bricks in this region.
This church from 1868 was destined to rot away in a Mississippi ghost town until it was relocated and given a new lease on life.
[Claiborne County, MS]
The African Methodist-Episcopal Church was first constructed in 1890 from land carved out of the Platt Plantation.
[Pointe Coupee Parish, LA]
This church was built in the 1830s with bricks made by people enslaved here.
[Adams County, MS]