North Carolina Historic Sites
A congregation started meeting here in the 1840s and by the 1920s, had built this church which stands empty today.
Although it crumbles more each day, this farmhouse from the 1800s still holds fond memories for family descendants.
This home in Eastern North Carolina dates to the 1850s. Now empty, its owners have agreed to let the local fire department burn it for practice.
Built in 1876, this chapel in Western North Carolina was the first church made of handmade bricks in this region.
This church was built in 1853 and is all that is left of a once-expansive plantation.
[Halifax County, NC]
Rev. James O’Kelly, a noted abolitionist, started a congregation here in 1794.
[Chatham County, NC]
This home has seen better days. Check out the post to see what it looked like back then!
[Alleghany County, NC c. 1890s]