Island View School House | Sevier County Tennessee | c.1918
In 1895, this 2-acre tract was sold for $34.00 to build a school for local children. It stood until 1917 when a strong storm blew the building over. The following year, this schoolhouse was erected in its place for $558.92. The building remained in operation until 1949, when the students were consolidated into the new Boyd’s Creek School.
Today, the building is a popular stopping point for local photographers and a former student here is working to slowly restore the building. According to one local, he opens the school building up twice a year for tours.