Founded in rural Virginia in 1875 by Scotch-Irish immigrants, this church would close 100 years after it was founded.
Built in 1876, this chapel in Western North Carolina was the first church made of handmade bricks in this region.
This church was founded by earlier Florida settlers and while its no longer in regular use, descendants of its founders care for it to this day.
[Levy County, FL]
This church served as a battle site and hospital during the Civil War.
This South Carolina church, originally constructed in 1757, would be burned in the Revolutionary War. Locals then restored it, only to be destroyed again in the 1860s.