Allison-Oliver-C.H. Pender Store | Orange County North Carolina | c. 1880s
Cedar Grove’s existence as a rural community began in 1828, when the community’s first post office was established. Sometime towards the end of the 1800’s, this store was built by the Allison Family to serve the rural farming community that lived nearby. The Oliver Family acquired the store in 1907 and continued to operate it until C.H. Pender and his wife, Irene Oliver, acquired the store in the 1960’s.
This crossroads was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.